ITS Land Navigation Starter Pack
Land Navigation is an important skill-set to have in your toolbox, but getting started can be a little daunting. With all the different systems and tools, it’s difficult to know which direction to head.
We’ve taken out the guesswork with the ITS Land Navigation Starter Pack. It includes reference guides and tools, the all-important protractor and everything you’ll need to make your own pace count beads. Just grab a local topographic map, a compass and hit the trail!
- DIY Pace Count Beads Kit w/ 26” Length of Paracord and 13 Beads (paracord color may vary)
- Reference Card Pack Including:
- UTM, MGRS, USNG Reference Card
- Declination & Compass Rose Reference Card
- Latitude Longitude Reference Card
- Time, Speed, and Distance Reference Card
- Millimeter Grid Reference Card
- Inclinometer for Slope Angle Reference Card
- Pocket Magnifier
- Pocket Sized UTM Slot Tool (Protractor)
- ITS Golf Pencil
- Book - Using your GPS with UTM Coordinates (3rd Ed.)
- Map Math Instruction Sheet
- North Reference Sheet
- USGS Topographic Map Symbols Pamphlet
- Locating Coordinate Grid Information on USGS Maps Pamphlet
- Tools for Working with UTM, MGRS and USNG Coordinates Pamphlet
When you pick up your kit, be sure to check out our comprehensive eBook on learning how to navigate with the Military Grid Reference System (MGRS). The article also describes in detail how to use the included UTM Slot Tool (protractor) for MGRS.
When constructing your Pace Count Beads, save a paracord gut for tying to the center hole of your protractor to plot your direction using the outer compass rose.